Tasks, now in Calendar too
Ever since we launched Google Calendar, people in our forum have been pretty vocal about a missing piece -- an integrated task list. "To-do would be tooo-rific," "I really, really, really need to use a to-do list," and my favorite: "I'll join your team to help you get it done!" The rumble turned into a roar a few months ago when we launched Tasks in Gmail Labs. Now we've integrated Tasks into Google Calendar as well.
- Tasks that have due dates will automatically appear on your calendar. To create a task with a due date in Calendar, click on an empty space in month view or the all-day section of week view, and be sure select the "Task" option.
- To attach a due date to an existing task, click the right-arrow from within the task list, and then click on the calendar icon.
- You can modify a task's due date by dragging it to a different date, just as you would with a regular calendar event.
- To mark a task completed from within Calendar, just click on the task's checkbox. (Isn't that satisfying, overachievers?)
- To keep track of due dates before they arrive, there's a nifty new "Sort by due date" feature available in the Actions menu at the bottom of your task list. While sorting by due date, you can reschedule a task by clicking on it in your list, then pressing control and the up or down arrow key.